Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.’s (B&C®) podcast All Things Chemical reached the big 5 – 0 this month, with the release of episodes 49 and 50, the two-part series “How will the Biden Administration Interpret Amended TSCA?” and “How will the New Administration affect the EPA?,” fitting milestone episodes for this podcast dedicated to engaging and informing listeners with intelligent, insightful conversation around key issues affecting industrial, pesticidal, and specialty chemical stakeholders.
Podcast host Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner of B&C, has invited a fascinating array of guests to share their expertise and analysis with All Things Chemical listeners over the episodes thus far, including:
- Bjorn Hansen, Executive Director of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), who spoke about the transition period between the EU and Great Britain under Brexit and the issuance of the EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability Towards a Toxic-Free Environment;
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Assistant Administrator Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, a repeat guest who shared updates on EPA’s implementation of amendments to TSCA and addressed matters related to high-profile pesticides glyphosate, dicamba, and chlorpyrifos, among others;
- Rick Keigwin, Director of the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) at EPA, who took listeners through what EPA is doing to accelerate the availability of new tools to combat the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus;
- Eric Byer, President and CEO of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), who discussed a range of federal, state, and international issues on which NACD is focused, including extending the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program, TSCA implementation initiatives, and the impact of tariffs on imports from China on NACD member companies;
- Kate Sellers, Technical Director at ERM and a past president of the Product Stewardship Society, who discussed why now more than ever, businesses need to be sustainable, to shift from a linear to a circular economy, and to understand how to integrate product stewardship principles and practices into their business dealings; and
- The Honorable John M. Shimkus, U.S. House of Representatives 1997 – 2021 (IL), who, as a senior member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee worked tirelessly to modernize TSCA.
Reflecting on the success of the podcast, Ms. Bergeson stated, “B&C is thrilled to offer the podcast platform to chemical stakeholders of diverse backgrounds. The complexity and ever-changing commercial, legal, scientific, and regulatory landscape of the global chemical community offer rich and seemingly endless content for listeners. B&C would like to thank the members of the business community, non-governmental organizations, and government leaders who have joined us to share their experiences and knowledge over the last 50 episodes. We look forward to many more great conversations.”
With tens of thousands of episode downloads so far and a full slate of interesting guests lined up for 2021, All Things Chemical has become a must-listen for product stewards, regulatory affairs professionals, and other practitioners in the chemical space. All Things Chemical is produced by Jackson Bierfeldt of Bierfeldt Audio, LLC, and all episodes are available now on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play Music, and on B&C’s website.
BERGESON & CAMPBELL, P.C.
2200 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037
(202) 557-3836 (fax)